Simulated Lucidity / Simulated Phase Experiences - Explainat

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Simulated Lucidity / Simulated Phase Experiences - Explainat

Post by 12padams »

Important note: Simulated Lucidity is false consciousness that is present within a Simulated Phase Experience

Introduction:
Consciousness in the phase isn't exactly how many picture it. A common belief is that if you say you're conscious while dreaming or perform a successful reality check then you are in the phase. Unfortunately the phase state and our consciousness is not that simple. Just like we can lie about something in real life or pretend to be happy our brain can just as easily pretend to be in the phase and simulate our own consciousness.

Redefining Definitions:
The current definition of lucid dreaming unfortunately does not recognize and expose the existence of simulated lucidity:

"A lucid dream is any dream in which one is aware that one is dreaming"

This technically is true but there is a major problem with this explanation. A person can seem to be aware that they are dreaming yet lack their actual conscious awareness. Just like you can dream that you're another person without actually being that person you can also dream that you are lucid dreaming/in the phase without actually being conscious.

So the current lucid dreaming definition is severely broken. What does that mean? It means I have corrected the issue with a new definition that I wrote myself:

"The same analytical conscious mind present during waking life gains presence within a dream"

This new definition actually works because it states exactly what happens during a phase experience rather than stating "knowing your dreaming" which can be simulated. With the definition of lucid dreaming corrected its time to understand simulated lucidity. Here is my definition of simulated lucidity:

"The subconscious mind creates and controls a scenario in which the unconscious dreamer seems to be consciously aware that they're dreaming"

The existence of simulated lucidity in general has gone mostly unnoticed over the past few decades however the signs are there. Many times on forums you see people ask "Was I lucid?" or "Was this a semi-lucid dream?" or "Did I enter the phase?". This doesn't necessarily mean that they experienced simulated lucidity however it does prove that consciousness within the phase isn't a simple "Yes" or "No". A person asking these types of questions is either experiencing low lucidity (different from simulated lucidity), losing and regaining consciousness or has just had a simulated phase experience.

Now its time to explain exactly what one may experience during a simulated phase experience (involving simulated lucidity) and how to determine the difference between simulated and real/conscious phase experiences. First of all I can not stress how important it is to have a plan of action (Having multiple steps is highly recommended). Without one its practically impossible to determine the difference between a simulated phase experience and a real conscious phase experience.

Once you have your plan of action (only have one at a time) attempt to enter the phase using any method you like. A strong phase entry desire increases your chance of entering the phase (confidence is even better) yet it also can induce simulated phase experiences. The most important thing to do is complete your plan of action the second you become conscious. Do your plan and nothing else. Even if you see something seriously irresistible lying in your bed its not worth it (unless its part of your plan) so ignore it and follow your plan perfectly.

Simulated Lucidity Example:
Now for a "practical" demonstration. Here are some quotes from one of my own simulated phase experiences:

"The dream started off with my friend Daniel and I realizing that we were both in a lucid dream. For the "fun" of it we ran into a restricted swimming carnival."
- Um yes... I have just discovered that my best friend and I have both managed to gain consciousness in a shared phase experience yet we run into a swimming carnival for "fun" (I'm so not into sport). Putting aside our dumb behavior I still didn't even think about my plan of action at the time further proving my lack of consciousness.

"After about 5 minutes a staff member realised we were not on the list. Dan and I ran away and suddenly while passing some randomly generated houses I had another "OMG, I'm lucid" moment. Once we "realised we were dreamingâ€
Last edited by 12padams on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2
masterg174
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Simulated Lucidity / Simulated Phase Experiences - Explaination By 12padams

Post by masterg174 »

Terrific Article 12Padams ;D
Shouldn't have this question again, because often I will question was this OOBE real? Now I realise that some of those points you raised such as not noticing small minute details that I would when fully awake happened in some of my so called "Phase" experiences. Now I dub these as merely simulated experiences, not that I really record them anyway unless they are really significant to me; but I have some I've remembered and a few recorded too, and can instantly rule those out as simulated phases.

Hahah some funny stories there. I enjoyed the Sam one:P It capably explains all possible phase scenarios and levels of lucidity.
Very detailed thread too, pretty much answers all questions people may have.
I wish to get back into phasing and recording phase attempts, not necessarily online but at least with pen and paper, knowing the difference between simulated and real phases should help me out a lot. Now I just need to work on A plan of action!! lol, as that's crucial for phase exploration. Energy work is something I need more work on too, for my upcoming...completion of something...hehehe I think I can say September is an important date for both of us, but we'll need to see what happens.
Last edited by masterg174 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soon a new world will open before me and about 30 others. People will mysteriously "disappear". Where these people go I cannot tell yet but life will be very different I can assure you. Once I confirm what's happend, you will be opened up to something new and amazing. Proof of something more!
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Simulated Lucidity / Simulated Phase Experiences - Explaination By 12padams

Post by Summerlander »

There are definitely different levels of lucidity and the phase state itself isn't one that is set... it tends to fluctuate.  This is why practitioners should deepen and maintain in order to remain in it for the longest time possible.  The more experience one gains, the lesser the effort.  The goal is to achieve and maintain self-awareness as well as maximum mental faculties in the dream world.

Remember, you can make the effort to keep it steady but if you are not careful, it can go one way or the other: the waking state or the ordinary dream state.

It is worth reading Celia Green and Charles McCreery's Lucid Dreaming: The Paradox of Consciousness During Sleep for more insight into the different levels of lucidity, simulated lucidity and even pre-lucid states.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
lainiwakura69

Re: Simulated Lucidity / Simulated Phase Experiences - Explainat

Post by lainiwakura69 »

lol