Can't go back to sleep after awakening for phase techqniue

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods
luffy28

Can't go back to sleep after awakening for phase techqniue

Post by luffy28 »

Hi,
I wanted to say after I sleep for 4 to 5 hours within staying up for less than 5 minutes I can't get back to sleep. I've been trying to sleep for two and a half to 3 hours and can get back to sleep after that.

Any advice?

Thanks.
supercnloong

Re: Can't go back to sleep after awakening for phase techqniue

Post by supercnloong »

First, you need to give up whole expect or thought that phase will come right away or happening soon(that will cause your mind too alert to fall asleep) You just confirmed that you immediately do indirect method routine after you wake up again,that is it . Second, if you can not fall sleep after staying up in 5 minutes, just got off the bed to your living room or use the light which is not too bright and sit on the bed reading the book of the phase or review mistake list of indirect method or depeening ( If you want them, I will send them to you later) , or indirect routine. After 45 minutes , you get back to sleep and do the same as the first part mentioned(dont think too much ,just confirm that you do it in routine).

Other option , different from the above, you can use the alarm which can shut down immediately by itself after ring. When you are waken by the alarm , apply the indirect method routine immediately. Try your best to stay motionless and do not open your eyes . If motion accidently happened, just try to do the cycling for 4 round.

Finally, whatever you suceed or fail, you must keep the intention that you immediately do indirect method routine after you wake up again to fall asleep. very very very important!!!!
luffy28

Post by luffy28 »

Thanks,
I also have a problem getting subsequent awakenings. When I wake up after 2 and a half hours I don't get the subsequent awakenings. Should the last thought before sleep should be to wake up again and try the techniques?

Also what type of alarm app should I use for Android to do for paragraph 2 of your post?

Thanks.
supercnloong

Post by supercnloong »

You'd better sleep after 4 or 6 hour. According to the phase book mentioned, the best timing is 2 or 3 hour ealier than your usual wake-up The reason is not that your body do not need NREM SLEEP and the longest REM sleep will appear. If you only sleep for few hour, your body still need NREM and that will make you tired.

You can search Google play App and Apple App Store to find the app with thi function . Such as smart alarm clock etc.
luffy28

Post by luffy28 »

supercnloong wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:37 am You'd better sleep after 4 or 6 hour. According to the phase book mentioned, the best timing is 2 or 3 hour ealier than your usual wake-up The reason is not that your body do not need NREM SLEEP and the longest REM sleep will appear. If you only sleep for few hour, your body still need NREM and that will make you tired.

You can search Google play App and Apple App Store to find the app with thi function . Such as smart alarm clock etc.
Can you explain how to get subsequent awakenings? Should my last thought be to awaken after going back to sleep upon sleeping? Also, can you explain how to use the alarm for practicing the indirect technique?

Thanks.
luffy28

Post by luffy28 »

Hi,
I ended up awakening after 4 hours of sleep. I tried to make sure the last thing on my mind was waking up and trying the techniques for some reason I stayed awake for half of the night. Is there any advice you could give me so I can go back to sleep? I know the last thought on the mind before sleep should be to wake up again and practice indirect techniques.

Thanks.
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

Hey Luffy, maybe just accept that you are not going to go straight back to sleep, rather than lie there annoyed and frustrated with yourself. This happens to me as well. Just relax curl up into a ball and look at the space between your eyebrows (3rd Eye) Or yes, just read more from the book about the Phase or some other info on OBE. Try to keep away from bright lights, and use a night screen filter on any devices. If you don't go back to sleep, so be it. Try another night. A good thing to do when you do find yourself waking up and ready to Phase, tell yourself "don't move" . It is a good thing to tell yourself this when going (or trying) to sleep as well so it will be the first thing on your mind when you wake up. Then perform the techniques or just roll out of bed. :)
luffy28

Post by luffy28 »

Thanks,
I have the practical alarm clock mp3. I think the problem with me awakening is the meds I take which are psychiatric.
Montano

Post by Montano »

Is there a way to deal with the meds that cause issues with the phase technique?