Am I doing the mirror thing right?

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
peterwilli

Am I doing the mirror thing right?

Post by peterwilli »

Hi there,

Recently I'm having a bit of trouble entering the phase. I think that I misinterpreted the videos a bit (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQjAIlFZWWc).
Currently what I do is this:
  • Set alarm after 05:00
  • Do something for around 5 min (could be working out, reading etc)
  • Strongly affirm that I will wake up and will enter the phase
  • Now I wake up a number of times, I go out of bed and walk to the wall or mirror, and try to stick my hand through it
  • Sometimes I wake up for real, and then I just go back to bed and wait for the next try
  • When I can stick my hand through it, I'll ground and start executing my goals
The thing is that I recently have only been waking up for real, or at least without a way to know it's not real. I also sleep with a sleeping mask because I'm hypersensitive. The mask blocks any visual hallucinations during the night.
The thing was that when I woke up in the phase, the mask was gone. It was a very easy trigger to know I was inside the phase. But lately, I can see the mask too (at least I think so). So it's no longer a trigger.

I'm thinking of sleeping without the mask for a while and see how that goes. I also think that I may have done the techniques wrong, as the video talks about immediately "appearing in front of the mirror" rather than walking up to it as I've been doing. I'm not really sure how to interpret that. Have I been doing it right? Thanks!