Lucid Dream Mastery

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!
Getter

Lucid Dream Mastery

Post by Getter »

What's up everybody? This forum doesn't seem too active but I'm going to keep a journal here anyway. I came across Michael Raduga's work a couple of months back and did practice some of the techniques in a really half-hearted way and still had some results so it pretty quickly made a believer out of me. However I stopped prioritizing my sleep soon after in favor of other pursuits but have now decided to go back to early bed times with the intent of aggressively developing this skill.

So tonight I'm going to simulate some attempts a couple of hours before going to sleep as well as rehearse what I will do upon success. Hopefully tomorrow I'll return with some tales from the other side.
Getter

Re: Lucid Dream Mastery

Post by Getter »

Alright, well no success. I fell asleep at around 10PM but didn't set an alarm because I wake up so much throughout the night, and very predictably around 5 to 6 hours after I've originally fall asleep. I woke up at 3:30AM and got up, used the restroom and had a sip of water. I used self talk to go over the plan upon awakening. I woke up again maybe 40 minute later and sort of jerked out of sleep, quickly raising my head. I recalled my intention quickly and dropped it back down and at first tried to separate, which didn't work. I remembered then I should try to translocate to my bathroom mirror first instead, which I attempted to do for several seconds but didn't work. I then went on to cycle through swimmer's and hand rubbing techniques. It was hard to do these things in a focused and determined way as I was still kind of groggy, and I'm not even sure I completely finished the cycles 3 or 4 times before trying to go back to sleep. Immediately jolting my head up after awakening kind of killed my confidence too,

Then I woke up again after about another 30 or 40 minutes and attempted the techniques again, only this time I cycled through hand rubbing and phantom wiggling. My attempt to materialize at the mirror and to seperate via levitation and rotation failed. I jolted awake the same way I did my last awakening which sort of killed my confidence going into it I think, though I tried anyway.

My final awakening I woke up peacefully and without movement, however I didn't remember to attempt anything until maybe a minute later. So I never bothered.

The next night I try I will set an intention to wake up without movement before falling back to sleep and will also remind myself that if I do move that I will not let it wreck my confidence. I will also spend more time practicing the techniques during the day so that they don't feel like so much a struggle trying to do them in a groggy state and mixing up the order and not remember to perform more cycles.