Gurdjieff's Quest

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!
Gurdjieff

Gurdjieff's Quest

Post by Gurdjieff »

Hi,

I read with great interest the book "The Phase".

I'm still on the way towards achieving lucidity on a consistent fashion, as I on avarage achieve the phase state only 1-2 times a month, mainly by becoming conscious while dreaming. I became acquainted with the concept one year ago but practiced only traditional lucid dreaming methods.
Now I want to practice the indirect techniques on a consistent basis to see what kind of results I'll get.

For various reason I'll try to wake up without alarm clock, by auto-suggestion only, even if it will take more time to become expert.

If I fail to enter immediately in the phase, I'll do the cycles in a more relaxed fashion in order to fall asleep with intention and hopefully to enter upon the next awakening or to become conscious in the dream.
For the start I'll focus on these techniques: Rope, Observing, Listening-In, Swimming, Hands rubbing.

On the way I'll appreciate very much your suggestion in order to correct any mistake I'll be doing.
Thanks a lot!
Gurdjieff

Re: Gurdjieff's Quest

Post by Gurdjieff »

1st natural awaknening at 5:30. Tried to separate but without much intent.
Went to sleep again with slow cycles and with intent to wake up again without movement.
Didn't wake up until alarm. No dream consciousness.
Gurdjieff

Re: Gurdjieff's Quest

Post by Gurdjieff »

Same as yesterday.
Woke up after 6 hours by autosuggestion, with only little movement.
Didn't try the cycles because I was in an uncomfortable position (mistake?)
Did them slowly but didn't wake up again and didn't achieve dream consciousness, only vivid dreams.