Questions (lots of them) and Successful Phase Experiences

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
Rick

Questions (lots of them) and Successful Phase Experiences

Post by Rick »

1) I have most of my success with Observation and Listening techniques discussed in the book, but i'd like to improve my success with all of the other techniques , is it just a matter of practice?

2) I've noticed myself slipping into Phase States during meditation, has anyone else done this?

3) Phasing when i don't want to , there are times when i go to sleep with no intent to practice but i end up some how phasing/ lucid dreaming while I'm asleep, would this be a subconscious use of phasing methods? how do i prevent this?

My Experience(s)

I've had a few different Experiences, in the first experience I was in a completely sealed off room the walls, ceiling and floor emitted a white light, in the room with me was a character from a show i watched, however I was able to hold a full 45 minute(aprox.) conversation with her but the only thing i remember from the dream is her asking why I've been gone so long...

Question: I'm confused by her question, I've had Phase experiences before(even long before i read the book) is this any indicator to having had a dream/experience about her specifically before but not remembering it?

Another experience of mine was : The city i live in was in the middle of some kind of war or battle, however what was being fought against was borg (from startrek) however i was dressed in jedi like armor/ cloak, unfortunately i don't have much on this experience, I'd like to be able to get into this one again and get more info.
cenaculum

Re: Questions (lots of them) and Successful Phase Experience

Post by cenaculum »

Sadly, it appears this forum and the whole phase interest has been abandoned. I tried to spark some discussion a few months back but got no reply. It all makes no sense to me whatsoever. How could a whole group of people just give up, more or less at the same time? I would be happy to continue discussions on this topic, but not here.
Rick

Post by Rick »

cenaculum wrote:Sadly, it appears this forum and the whole phase interest has been abandoned. I tried to spark some discussion a few months back but got no reply. It all makes no sense to me whatsoever. How could a whole group of people just give up, more or less at the same time? I would be happy to continue discussions on this topic, but not here.

I'm not so sure as they gave up but progressed into their own circles and groups, perhaps Mr. Raduga also has been improving the book which gives a better understanding of the Phase phenomenon, sent you private messages on how to contact me if you wish to ... i'd be happy to discuss this with you, and maybe you and i could start a Phase group/site/forum
sky

Post by sky »

2) I've noticed myself slipping into Phase States during meditation, has anyone else done this?
I don't know what one believes meditation is or what one does with/in what one calles meditation, but

meditation was always defined as "prolonged concentration / focus of mind/consciousness" (usualy on something in peculiar way) and during most (old) practices it is even recomended to completely ignore things like "phase states" as deterents on the meditative-way.

So, to answer your question, yes sensations related to phase states, even "dripping" into phase may happen during meditation (often do), but meditation need not be looked at as problem during phase-experiences (oobe, ap, ld...) - one may continue with it during and regardless of them (or stoping with meditation and continuing with phase-experiences). So, one does not exclude the other, as long as one is clear what one intends. To use definiton from The Phase book:

waking consciousness .............R E M
......................P H A S E
phase intersects those two circles as is pictured:

Now, add one more circle signifying NONREM state and you get novice-meditation goal:
WakingConsc ........NonR E M
..............meditation
When you add to those two also dreaming state(s):
...............REM

you get meditation as a kind of harbinger of so called "fourth state of mind/being", having (intersecting) parts of all three and large part of its own "things", whatever they may be... ;-)

3) Phasing when i don't want to , there are times when i go to sleep with no intent to practice but i end up some how phasing/ lucid dreaming while I'm asleep, would this be a subconscious use of phasing methods? how do i prevent this?
Why would you want to prevent it? When I awake in dreaming-consciousness (ld) and I do not want to do anything there, I just say so and I go back to sleep. No problem there, none whatsoever.
Rick

Post by Rick »

ok thankyou for your goldmine of information sky, this has helped alot, i'm so glad to have others around to help me with understanding

to answer your question there are times where i 'wake up' from a phase experience feeling drained of energy,
sky

Post by sky »

Rick, I think I understand what you mean. I also occasionaly experience that strange feeling of being like drained of energy, but never has it occured during awakening directly in dreaming consciousness (inside dream when it becomes lucid), or as a result from those unintentional nor intentional lucidity there.

It is my understanding that those periods of lacking of energy need not be related to spontaneous (or intentional) phasings (nor meditative processes). I believe it is more related to other things like for example what mr.Raduga in his book termed "wrong logic" which persists in us for prolonged period and is not recognized as such, or during periods of some kind of worrying, fear or strong (usualy negative, sometimes simply mistaken) judgmental attitude - when we are to strict about something but it turns out in the wrong way or things like that, or even we might not have enough of good sound sleep and relaxation (either bodily, mentaly, emotionaly or whatever).

My thoughts go in those avenues concerning this feeling of being drained. I am not saying that it is necesserily all that there is to it, but it might be something worth individual effort in exploring... and hopefully solving the problem.

You know, to be more collected (less distracted), having a kind of peacefull but joyfull enthusiasm, not expecting too much (nor too little)... When this draining occurs I often simply need more rest, more emotional peace and mental collectedness, things like that. Or there might be something happening in (externall) life that needs more attention...

Hope something helps :-)
Rick

Post by Rick »

As always sky you have helped :)