Questions and intro

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Questions and intro

Post by 12padams »

As soon as I do that though, the image disappears as fast as it appears. I was never able to observe such a vivid image for more than half a second, maybe even shorter. Do you have any tips for me for how to keep such images undistorted while still being able to look at the image/object in detail?
Passively means you don't look at them for the purpose of getting more details. I would reword it to "take notice of, but don't stare directly at the images". Basically instead of unconsciously falling asleep without noticing the images you should just notice them... Don't move your eyes to look at them and don't get excited or interested in them. They are there and you are simply relaxed as if you are starring out your window at night time looking into the distance but not at the "interesting" stuff.
a) The physical feedback from my arms is so much reduced that it is almost a paralysis and so I got no or almost no movement feedback nor can I tell if I am not actually creating micro contractions in those muscles. In the 2 days that I am practicing this now I might have had a movement sensation a few times but I am not sure.
The movement feels like physical movement and if you accidentally move your real limbs it means you're to awake/connected to the physical. Have you ever awoken from a dream and still felt an object in your hand while your lying in bed? Usually at this point you may try to lift your hand from under the covers to see if you have brought your dream object to the physical world... Unfortunately it never seems to come :(

Anyway the nonphysical limbs have the same feelings you have when you awaken with a dream object in your hand. Typically though you need to be in sleep paralysis to really feel these nonphysical limbs because to not imagine the movement you need to "physically" move something.
A giant spider was sitting next to me on the bed and I quickly threw the cover over it as soon as I saw that beast. The transition from this experience to waking up was seamless so I knew immediately that what I saw was a dream or a projection and just lay back down and fell back asleep immediately. Did you guys have any similar experience after starting with the training?
Ah, false awakenings... Also something that would happen in sleep paralysis. I have experienced amazingly seamless transitions in which I would see something in my room go hide under my bed. Then without a shift in consciousness or me suddenly jolting awake I would get out of bed and the creature would be gone. In other words the dream was being projected onto my real surroundings so "waking up" was never experienced. Is pretty freaky to have that happen and it's best to perform a reality check at this point to make sure you really are awake...
My question now is if there is anyone else here who is mainly practicing while using binaural beat technology?
I'm against it... In 2009-2010 I tried to "astral project" (as I called it back then) but all binaural beat and audio guides failed to work for me... In 2011 I scraped them for the technqiues at this website and others that don't use binaural beats. Ever since then I have been successful.
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by 12padams »

No problem, this is a forum and that's it's purpose :)

Remember you may start your own blog in the blog section to log your own experiences for yourself and others to see and comment on. Infact if I had never started doing that myself back in October 2011 I would have never had the dedication to keep going and enter the phase for the first time myself back then.

Anyway I wish you the best of luck ;)
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2
sideliner

Post by sideliner »

I am wondering if it is possible to not have a working sleep paralysis mechanism. I have literally tried to astral project for more than 20 years... but I have always been a restless sleeper. I have just found this author/book/guide and it IS the most comprehensive ever...been trying the techniques but cannot seem to induce paralysis. maybe there is a like subject somewhere and I am to lazy to look I don't know but couldn't seem to locate.
Jessy

Post by Jessy »

it is not necessary to get into sleep paralysis ,i have had many experiences using the deferred method,which can induce dream consciousness or facilitate the indirect techniques,you can also take some melatonine pills before sleep ,to get a good sound sleep.Also,from a site called lucidology,i learned that taking the sun for at least 20 minutes a day,it can improve your sleep,because he says that improves your melatonine levels naturally.And,it really has worked for me ,literally it makes me sleepy,and improves your sleep.Even,it can make you have obes at the afternoon nap,because it makes you sleepy.Good look with that!