Help - Sleep Paralysis

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
Diogo

Help - Sleep Paralysis

Post by Diogo »

Hi everyone, I am new to this and have already read the "A Practical Guidebook(SOBT-1)". I am starting to get ready to implement the presented techniques in the book.

In the past (before knowing OBE4U), I was practicing a lot of relaxation exercises prior to sleeping. After some time, one day, I happened to go through a sleep paralysis. As it was night, I suffered from night terror and did not dare to try to do anything to leave my body. I just closed my eyes and waited to sleep again.

Quick questions:

1. Should I leave a lampshade always on in the bedroom when sleeping in order to take advantage of potecial sleep paralysis events? With the lights on, maybe I am encouraged to try to leave the body.

2. Leaving the lampshade on would decrease my chances to leave my body (considering all techniques)?

3. During sleep paralysis events, could I have just wished for light that my room would be readily enlightened?

Sorry for the basic questions.

Thanks,
Diogo
slyfirefly

Re: Help - Sleep Paralysis

Post by slyfirefly »

>:D it is all about your fear!!!! You must erase fear to not get suck :( I have that same issue as of late, I have had oobe since childhood ... Always free and beautiful until an oobe with scary entity showing future torture.
john_in_houston

Post by john_in_houston »

Hi Diogo,

Sleep paralysis is an excellent sign! You were in the phase already. Next time it happens just separate from your body: ie stand up and walk out, roll out, or levitate out.
Diogo

Post by Diogo »

Thank you, John. Would you happen to know if I will be able to enlighten the environment so that night dark goes away? Thanks.
john_in_houston

Post by john_in_houston »

It is possible to enter the phase in a lighted room. But it is normally best to be in a dark room. The light coming through your eyelids wakes up your body faster, so you have less time to try to separate and then cycle techniques.