Astral Travel

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!
Tiredtinker

Astral Travel

Post by Tiredtinker »

Elizabeth Taylor

Elizabeth Taylor, at the time my favourite movie star, and Richard Burton, visited Toronto
shortly after my Hindu Void experience. They had just left a nightclub on Yonge Street
when some idiot in a convertible hurled foul-mouthed insults at the silver screen goddess.
I was outraged! Mind you, it was some time after the incident that I read about it. Still, I
decided to try to visit her out-of-body. That night I tried a new technique.
First I relaxed myself. Then I pictured Ms. Taylor in my mind. Her image distorted, wavered,
and did everything else imaginable but stay constant and clear in my head. Nevertheless,
I persisted, and after about twenty minutes I felt myself blanking out. I let it happen.
Awareness returned. I found myself in a strange bedroom. It was dark, but there
was enough light coming in through the partially open doorway leading out of the room,
to allow me to view my surroundings. There was a bed to my left piled high with coats
and purses. My attention, however, was drawn to the doorway. I peered through it. The
room I looked into was gigantic! Well dressed people were milling about drinking
cocktails served by dignified old waiters in tails. Leading from the bedroom, and going
deep into the room, veering to the left and losing itself behind the crowd, was a plush red
cord strung about four feet above the floor. It created a corridor that led into the
bedroom.
Coming down that passage were two women. One was blonde and wore a white
cocktail dress that fell just below the knee. The other woman had dark hair. She was
wearing a duplicate of the white dress, but in black. I recognized the blonde. It was the
beautiful Janet Leigh.
The dark-haired beauty was, of course, Elizabeth Taylor.
I watched as they approached the doorway. They were only a few feet away when
Miss Leigh hesitated, stopped, turned her head and looked directly at me. Her eyes
widened, and then her hand flew to her mouth, stifling a scream.
Startled, I felt myself being pulled back. But, no, I wasn’t going to let it happen!
At least, not until I had made eye contact with Elizabeth Taylor! I willed myself to remain.
Ms. Taylor stared curiously at her friend for a few seconds, then turned to see
what it was that was upsetting her. She saw me. Her eyes widened. For a split second our
eyes locked, then I could no longer hold on. Consciousness faded.
It wasn’t like the time I had gone to the void. The moment awareness returned I
was able to move. I didn’t, though. I lay there and let it all go through my head, imprinting
every detail on my memory. It hadn’t gone as planned, but I had no doubt that I had made
an impression. And, who knows, one day it might get verified.

Tiredtinker