Gath's blog

Describe your experiences. One practicioner - one topic!
Gath

Gath's blog

Post by Gath »

Hi everybody,

I've been reading about the phase for a couple of years, but just now decided to register on the forum. I've been experimenting with different entrance methods, and figured it'd be fun to share some thoughts and maybe get some feedback.

I've been using the indirect method for my past few attempts. I sometimes have trouble remembering the technique cycles, so I decided to just use separation upon awakening to enter. I had a couple of successes in a row, so it seems to be working!

I'll post when I get the chance, and I appreciate any thoughts/suggestions/comments anyone wants to add.
Gath

Re: Gath's blog

Post by Gath »

I had a lucid dream this morning. I was walking through the livingroom when I realized the carpeting was the wrong color, which made me realize I was dreaming. I was worried about waking up and messing up the whole phase, so I tried to keep moving and doing things. I've been meaning to work on translocation for my past few phases, but I keep forgetting my plan of action. I remembered during this dream though, and decided to give it a shot. I closed my eyes and imagined myself in a house I lived in several years ago. I was at the house when I opened my eyes, but everything was kind of fuzzy. It felt like the areas were overlaping, or that I hadn't fully teleported to my old house. I was hovering above the ground, and I kept feeling like I was losing the phase. I tried to deepen by jumping up and down, but I woke up shortly after.
Gath

Post by Gath »

I meant to try the indirect techniques today(with the deferred method), but I woke up later than I planned and couldn't fall back asleep. I'll try again tomorrow.
Gath

Post by Gath »

I was successful today! Well, mostly. I woke up after 6 hours of sleep and used the bathroom. I went back to bed after several minutes of being awake. I fell into a half-sleep for 40 minutes or so, but couldn't seem to fall fully asleep. My mind was too active. I really wanted to enter the phase today, and I guess I was obsessing about it too much because my mind wouldn't quiet down. I got up and decided to take a benadryl to see if that would help me fall asleep again. I kept the intention of trying to enter on the next awakening. I fell asleep then woke up at some point and tried to separate, but it didn't work. I saw some images though, and felt like my awareness was shifting in and out of the phase. I tried to pay attention to the images and sensations that occurred, and then I felt myself solidly in the phase. I started peering and palpitating to deepen, and soon everything was stable. I had appeared in a room that looked a bit like my house, but it was made of a white plastic-ish materiel. My plan of action was to get ideas for a story I'm writing. I was preparing to translocate(I was going to go to the library to get ideas) but I noticed an odd looking object in the corner of the room, and I got sidetracked. I told myself "I can go to the library after I find out what this is." I went over to see what it was. It turned out to be a bookcase that was shaped like the head of a cat. I found this amusing and forgot to continue deepening, and lost the phase soon after.
Gath

Post by Gath »

I tried the direct method last night using the visualization technique. Hypnagogic images appeared on and off, and I had a few dips in conscious. I fell asleep at some point while doing the technique. I know I won't get fast results with direct techniques, but I'm trying to be relaxed about it and just see what happens. I know too that Michael says not to do indirect and direct techniqes on the same day, but I want to experiment with indirect techniques tomorrow without the deffered method as well. I figure the worst that can happen is I won't get any results, and I'll go back to just indirect techniques for a while.
Gath

Post by Gath »

I got the phase yesterday, but I don't know if it was an indirect entrance or becoming conscious while dreaming. I intended to use the indirect techniques without the deffered method. I kept forgetting about trying the techniques each time I woke up, but remembered a few times and tried without success(I forgot to do 4 cycles of techniqes in many cases). Then, I started trying phantom wiggling after one "awakening" ( I don't know if it was a real awakening or a dream) and it was working. I tried to increase it (the range of motion was already like a foot, so I should have just separated/gotten up.) Then it definitely changed to a dream(though I didn't realize it was a dream while it was happening), because my Mom suddenly appeared and started telling me to separate, and a bit later Michael was there giving me tips as well. I got up and realized I was definitely in the phase, and started deepening. I tried to recall my plan of action, and remembered I intended to obtain information about a project I'm working on, but I got the urge to go see B (a friend I haven't seen for awhile) instead. I closed my eyes and tried to imagine B would be there when I opened them. I wasn't successful, so decided to try and walk to where B used to live. I left my Mom and Michael behind(I realized after I woke up thst I should have asked Michael for phase advice while he was there!) and started walking to get to B's house. In a few past phases(mostly lucid dreams) I've been able to get to a place quickly by imagining it while walking towards it, and sort of speeding up so that I get there in much less time. I don't know why, but walking seems to help me change the phase environment more easily. I got to B's house and knocked on the door. The phase was getting kind of shallow and and my awareness wasn't as sharp as at the beginning, and I forgot to deepen. B opened the door and we started talking a bit. The realism of the phase was already gone, and I woke up. I tried to re-enter, but no luck.

I don't know if this would be becoming conscious while dreaming, or the indirect method. I suppose it doesn't matter, but it can get frustrating when I'm trying to hone my entrance skills!
Gath

Post by Gath »

I've been really busy with school, and haven't had much time for the phase lately. I've had a lucid dream or 2, but no intentional phases. I've made a few attempts with no luck. I feel like I'm too stressed out to get much success right now; it seems the phase evades me unless I'm in the right frame of mind. I'm hoping I'll get time to practice after midterms are over though!