HELP WITH AWAKENING AND MOVEMENT

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
JorgeLTE
PHASER
PHASER

HELP WITH AWAKENING AND MOVEMENT

Post by JorgeLTE »

HI, I have been trying to enter the phase for a couple of weeks but I have a BIG problem... the awakening...

Most of the times I forget to avoid movement until I have opened the eyes, and even if I try to do the 4 cycles of indirect techniques I can't reach the transition state.

Also, sometimes I wake up and remember to don't move but I can't get any technique to work.

Usually I use an special alarm that automatically turns off after 3 seconds so I don't need to move, but should I stop using it?

Thanks for the advise.

Also I have another question.
Is the people stable in the phase? I mean, if I'm talking with someone I know in the phase, could he become another person during the conversation?

Also I know that if I look something for several seconds, It will change in shape or colour, but what if I look someone's face in the phase? will it be the same? How can I have a complete conversation with someone in the phase without this risks?
Last edited by Michael Raduga on Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Re: HELP WITH AWAKENING AND MOVEMENT

Post by Michael Raduga »

It is better do not move upon awakening. But it is not so big deal! you should try anyway. Read the Guidebook more carefully:"However, if an awakening is conscious, but with movement, that does not mean that the practitioner cannot immediately make an attempt to fall into the phase"

Where you read there about alarm?
You can get OBE only after REM sleep. It means you need natural awakenings. And it is much better. You will not depend on something alse. 

Make practice with techniques in the day. It will help you to get them upon awakenings
Chris_ld
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Chris_ld »

What I did to solve this problem, because I used to twitch like crazy when I woke up.
Anyway what I did was that I ONE night affirmed that I will wake up without moving and have my eyes closed and while I was affirming I looked into the black space behind my eyes to get used to the feeling of waking up without having my eyes opened.
Then I didn't, but the next night I did.
And the next after that I didn't affirmed anything of this I just trusted that my body will know what it should do, instead I affirmed to be aware of my awakening and remember to use indirect techniques, and IF I move I just use Forced falling asleep and IF I open my eyes I just close them.
Even if you do all these misstakes, you can still perform indirect techniques, of course there then is a smaller chance that you succed, but hey stop worry about all that and it will work out just fine.
As conspiracies unwind.
Will you slam shut,
or free your mind.
Or stay hypnotised?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAm-kbzT ... re=related
Ssergiu
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Ssergiu »

Michael Raduga wrote: You can get OBE only after REM sleep. It means you need natural awakenings. And it is much better. You will not depend on something alse. 
You can also get OOBEs although you do not wake up naturally. Stay up like 30 mins and go back and try those techniques. From what I know, if you interrupt your REM, the next time you go to sleep you continue with REM. Anyway, I believe that OOBEs work only after a nap or a sleep.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Ssergiu wrote:
Michael Raduga wrote: You can get OBE only after REM sleep. It means you need natural awakenings. And it is much better. You will not depend on something alse. 
You can also get OOBEs although you do not wake up naturally. Stay up like 30 mins and go back and try those techniques. From what I know, if you interrupt your REM, the next time you go to sleep you continue with REM. Anyway, I believe that OOBEs work only after a nap or a sleep.
Yes, it's true. It is the deferred method. Examples:
Today - http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1678#p1678
Two days ago - http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1648#p1648

There is one other way - to get the phase after mikrosleep. It is the primary principle of direct techniques that can be applyed in any time 
bluremi
PHASER
PHASER

Post by bluremi »

I thought this was an impossible task, but here's how it started working for me:

For an entire week I went to sleep completely sober so my mind would be sharp in the morning.

Woke up after 6 hours of sleep with an alarm, and went back to bed determined to wake up without moving.

It didn't work, of course, but as soon as I realized I had moved I tried to do cycles on indirect techniques.

Repeating the attempt each day and doing the cycles upon failure caused the idea of entering the phase to slowly settle into the front of my mind, causing it to be the first thing I thought of when I woke up. The whole process took about a week of trying every morning.

It's definitely possible, you just have to be patient with yourself and give yourself time to learn habits.
Mentalbody1981

Post by Mentalbody1981 »

When practicing, the phase is the first thing on my mind upon awakening. It's very hard for me to know that i have awaken with out opening my eyes, but i have managed to fall into the phase when "gently" closing my eyes and rolling on to my back. namaste.
phasemancer

Post by phasemancer »

I found it easier to awaken without movement after I started practicing awakening without movement, with the intention of thinking through the last dream I had, then getting up and writing down the dream.
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

The first time I ever consciously entered the phase, I had been trying for a few days.  It happened just naturally.
I would have trouble trying not to move when I awoke. About the 3rd of 4th day I found myself in the phase and thought "Im in it"... so I thought to myself "they say just stand up"  so I did, my legs through the bed and I moved to the side of my bed and walked into the  next room.
So what I am saying is that, sooner or later after practising "it will" happen just don't give up
There are no humans here. You're it.  There is nothing seperate "out there".
yunana
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Re: HELP WITH AWAKENING AND MOVEMENT

Post by yunana »

i think the most novic counter the same problem at the first time their practice phase,

day one ooo i am going to leave my body
day two its not happen to me 1
day 3 why still i cant leave my body
day 4..zzzzzzzzzzzzz sleeping

o boy ! you need huge motivation and never give up,read the instruction,follow the instructor,and keep the phase book as you daily meal !
antonelli71

Post by antonelli71 »

Good evening friends, I am new here, I'm from Brazil, I'm using google translator
I have a doubt, if I cannot move a muscle if either of my physical body, how then can I walk by, rolling and etc?! ???
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Re: HELP WITH AWAKENING AND MOVEMENT

Post by Summerlander »

Be forceful. I just encountered this paralysis thing, like the body weighs a tonne, a few nights ago. I aggressively moved and stood with minimal visibility. I knew then that I was in the phase and proceeded to deepen the state.