Strain the Brain...?

Feel free to talk about anything not related to lucid dreaming and out-of-body travel
inthefaze

Strain the Brain...?

Post by inthefaze »

I'm new to the forum, and trying to find an explanation of how to...."strain the brain". Can someone shed a bit of light on this for me? And if such things are already explained here in the forum someplace, maybe please point me in that direction. I searched, but to no avail, for an explanation. Only got examples of the phrase, but not telling me how.
Thanks!
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Strain the Brain...?

Post by Summerlander »

You know when you sneeze or yawn and your brain strains sometimes? Do it purposefully. If you do it in the phase you can even bring about vibrations which can help with maintenance.
digitalvygr

Post by digitalvygr »

I do something that is hard to describe, but I wonder if it qualifies. Prior to discovering this Phase method about a month ago, I had been having occasional spontaneous CEVs, (Closed Eye Visuals) when I would close my eyes at night to go to bed.

Sometimes in order to try to help bring these on I would be just observing the dancing colors (this was good practice for my very first separation attempt which was luckily successful). Anyway, what I would do is something like trying to bug my eyes out a bit and squeeze them shut tighter at the same time, while simultaneously I think flexing some muscles in the back of my neck such that there was some pressure in my temples, as well as a few muscles around my eyes. That does seem a lot like what I do if I try to stop a sneeze, come to think of it.

This would usually result in a sort of bright ring of whitish light forming in my field of vision briefly. Do you think this might qualify as brain strain/squeeze? In my experience in the past, it did seem to charge the dance of colors before my eyes, so from that aspect it seems like maybe it does?

I am glad you asked this question inthefaze, because I searched the SOBT book for an explanation and thought maybe I just needed to read more.
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

Whatever works for you.
Brain strain is easy as summerlander said, pretend to yawn.
You can get the same same effect if you don't open your mouth.
Sounds like you are doing well.