Re: Remee - Lucid Dreaming mask

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Remee - Lucid Dreaming mask

Post by LucidDreaming »

http://sleepwithremee.com/
Has anyone heard about this or tried it? I am thinking about buying one, but in Michael's book it is clearly said that every device made to enter Phase, will become useless after sometime, becouse your mind will get used to it.

sorry if there is a thread about Remee already, but I searched and didn't find it.
JorgeLTE
PHASER
PHASER

Post by JorgeLTE »

I have hared about a similar gadget called Nova dreamer.

I would like to try them, but what about free alternatives?
Those devices induce lucidity via visual stimulus.
In theory, it could be possible to get similar results via auditory stimulus.

May be programing several alarms along the night.

I think that tonight I will perform an experiment.

I have an smarthphone with Android OS and an alarm app that allows me to schedule multiple alarms that shut down themselves after ringing for 5 seconds.
I just have to adjust them quiet enough so I don't wake up with them but also loud enough so I can notice them in my dreams.

I will post my results tomorrow.

bluremi
PHASER
PHASER

Post by bluremi »

I tried your auditory stimulus idea, Jorge, here were my results:

The idea is to use an alarm that shuts off on its own. I tried various beeps and tones at different volume levels but they would either fail to wake me up, or I would wake up too much to go back to sleep and do indirect techniques. Very hard to strike a balance, because upon waking up in the right frame of mind I would not remember to keep still.

Then I tried a recorded voice repeating "wake up, don't move" about 10 times. This also didn't work! Maybe I'm not suited for this method.
JorgeLTE
PHASER
PHASER

Post by JorgeLTE »

I scheduled 3 alarms of 10 seconds each 75 minutes.
They woke me up. I will try again making them quieter.

Remember that this method, even with the lucid dreaming mask, you need to get used to the "signal" that is sent into your dream in order to detect it succesfully.
digitalvygr

Re: Re: Remee - Lucid Dreaming mask

Post by digitalvygr »

So I have tried using the Remee twice now. The device does NOT detect your REM sleep, so really it is not much more than a fancy eye mask with timed LEDs. This is not to say it is bad, but you have to expect to use it a certain way that is different than the masks that are supposed to detect your REM sleep.

Thus far it has not given me a lucid dream, but it is somewhat useful as an alarm for the deffered method, with the possible advantage that it MIGHT catch you in REM and not wake you up the first time it goes off. I have also begun queing myself to do reality checks when I see red lights.

I talked a little bit more about it in my blog thread, and if I have any more success with it I will talk about it in my blog as well.