Can't seem to enter the phase anymore

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods
tangled
PHASER
PHASER

Can't seem to enter the phase anymore

Post by tangled »

Following the instructions in the guidebook for deferred indirect technique, I used to be able to enter the phase really easily.
But about 6 months ago because of life circumstances I became depressed an i stopped doing it. Now been trying again last couple of months but nothing.
Any ideas on what is going on here or what i might be doing wrong? It's starting to become really frustrating.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Can't seem to enter the phase anymore

Post by Summerlander »

Just relax and don't put any pressure on yourself. Don't expect anything to happen and try to single out one day of the week to make an attempt. When you do decide to make an attempt, think instead about how nice it would be to find yourself in the phase. Think about the past experiences that you had and I much you would like to return there. But don't say to yourself that you must enter the phase upon an attempt. Simply try, and don't get frustrated if it does not happen.

You may also want to try questioning reality during the day to increase your chances of reaching dream consciousness. One of your goals for the phase state could be dealing with your depression and finding out about personal unresolved issues. You may want to consult a guide in the dream world of the phase for help. Good luck and let me know how you progress.
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

I can relate Tangled, I too have had some curly challenges in the past 12 months. However, don't give up. Drench yourself in the SOBT again and try to think about it as many times as you can during the day.
Summerlander, let's not confuse people, thinking that there are "guides" in the phase, we know there are not, but just people who you can ask question as there are in this place we find ourselves we call "reality" I suppose I could call it phase 1 (ONE)
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Guide not to be taken literally. Certainly not the astral guides propounded in Spiritualism and New Age. ;)
tangled
PHASER
PHASER

Post by tangled »

Thanks for the replies Summerlander and NOVA.
I've managed it a few times since I posted this but no where near as consistently I used to.
I think you guys might be right and it's psychological. Gah.
And I have sometimes met people in the phase who "guided" me in the right direction when i was looking for someone but no i don't take it literally,