Re: afterlife/spiritual essence

Using the phase (OBE/LD) in our real life for useful purposes
koi

afterlife/spiritual essence

Post by koi »

Can the phase tell us anything about the afterlife (or possibility of one)? Since if it is all occuring in the subconcious mind, which is a by product of the brain then it would seem possible that once the brain dies, the subconcious and all that comes with it will die to and one will cease to exist....... Or could the physical brain simply be a tool of the mind( non physical/ eternal)?

Also, If the phase occurs totally within the subconcious then what can be said of mutual obes or meetings out of body???? :-\

ps. Michael, I responded to your question in the general discussion.... 8)
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

First two years I was sure that the phase means afterlife. But only first two years...

It is very hot theme for discussion.

Mutual obes or meetings can be explained by subconcious mind
koi

Post by koi »

but how????? if 2 individuals were to meet in the phaseand later testify to a common experience, does that not mean that a portion of the mind exists away from or can extend away from the physical body and therefore may survive death? These are just questions I am not trying to push a believe in the afterlife on you since I feel that we should question weather or not such a thing exists since. As we can see throughout the world, religion has often gained a great deal of power by promising people a chance to live on in some sort of paridise....
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Well...
All you need are more practice and experiments. And there will be no other questions)

It is just my opinion. May be I'm misunderstand something...
john_in_houston

Post by john_in_houston »

о маловеры

I believe it has everything to do with afterlife

Proving we will exist after life

You see your body lying there.........its plain that you dont need it to exist.........

john m in houston
vincvega

Post by vincvega »

every time when we are in phase our brain is activ, without a living brain there is little chance we experience the phase.
koi

Post by koi »

It has been basically shown taht the body you see in the phase is not actually your real body but a image constructed in your mind (think of the wierd misplaced objects in your house in the phase..) However, do we know that the brain is completlly constructing the phase? Do the processes going on in the brain during the phase corrispong to what is happening in the phase? If you taste an apple in the phase does the same part of your brain become active that would  be active if you tasted an apple in real life? If not,then we can reccognise the possibility that although you may not be a ghost floating around the physical world, you may be tuning into some sort of other dimension which is both seperate yet also in constant interaction with your own mind.

On a final note, does anyone know if such things as mutual lucid dreams/ obe's where BOTH people can verify the SAME occurences have happened? If so, that would be the biggest proof... even more then the old "look at a card in your friends room" trick people are always talking about.
Rudolph
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Rudolph »

It does seem at first that OBE proves the afterlife.

But then doubts about it being just a function of brain activity move in.

Once it is understood that the brain is just an antenna that receives impressions from the incorporeal consciousness a more eternal perspective can develop.

I think that the best proof would be in developing the ability to manifest a physical reality based on effort made while OBE.
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

This is the most evidence i have seen, i guess it proves that out consciousness can exist outside out body, but doesn't really answer the afterlife thing. See what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwu8qwXjdjs
Rudolph
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Rudolph »

That is good video Breadblassed. I do not know if it proves an afterlife, though.

For me personally, my recall of two events from ancient history as a four year old means a lot more. As a child that young there was no way for me to know the details of things that I 'saw' in those "dreams". It was even back before we as a family even had a TV.
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

Yeah that is quite interesting. I have been considering trying to go back in time during a lucid dream and maybe trying to see how the pyramids were made or something. Not sure what i would see.

From the vast amount of reading i have been doing recently my belief in previous lives is pretty concrete now, it makes perfect sense to me. Aparently as children we can recall these lives much more easily, perhaps this is what you were seeing in your dreams.
john_in_houston

Post by john_in_houston »

Yes it's a hot theme for discussion. It's only the most important question a human being can ask!?

Consider this. You say the obe can happen only if the brain exists. I would argue that when the brain dies, the final desoma (or the consciousness leaving the body) occurs.

See Waldo Vieira's book "Projectiology".

John M
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

The afterlife...hmmm... :-\

I have been pondering over this concept for a long time now and if someone was to ask me if there is an afterlife, my answer would be: "Maybe". I can’t be sure even though I experience the Phase. I suspect that, when we die, we go back to being in the same state that we were before we were born, whether existent or non-existent.

Many people fantasise about an afterlife of otherworldly exploration, contact with other beings and the eventuation of their wishes. The Phase state is often surmised to be a glimpse of the immediate afterlife even though it is very much a condition of being alive in which the brain is active - more so than the delta waves of deep dreamless sleep - and the cerebral areas associated with waking states are often found to be functional during lucidity.

If death really is the cessation of being - and thus the end of experience and cognition - then it is also the end of suffering. You won’t know that you are dead, you won’t know that you are not suffering, you won’t know that you are not perceiving, and you won’t know anything. In conclusion: there is no you!

People find this hard to imagine and some even go as far as to say that such notion is more incredible than the idea of an afterlife in the spirit realms. Some even say that non-existence makes no sense. But the truth is that we were dead before we were born, alas, we already know what death is like. This could mean that death is simply going back to the pre-birth state.

Theoretically speaking, what constitutes us becomes something else which gives rise to the possibility of rebirth. I’ll use the computer analogy in that, if death means deletion of a file (sentient being), the information it contains goes in the recycle bin, where, overtime, the data that constitutes it gets reconfigured. Being absent from life or any sort of interaction is a notion that can convey a sense of much needed rest from the living perspective, but, in death, you are not even resting - you are beyond that!

When something as important as the cerebral cortex is damaged, for example, one may very easily slip into a long-term coma. Individuals who have woken up from these were oblivious to how much time had passed due to their lapse in consciousness. Because they were unaware of the time that passed while unconscious, the coma experience from their experience was losing their senses in one moment and regaining awareness the next.

Confusion manifests as soon as they become conscious and suffering usually begins when they realise how much time has passed and wonder how much they’ve missed and how things have changed. Their nightmare begins in consciousness and effort is required to get used to their newfound status of loss and overcome their problems. If death is the cessation of being, then it is also the end of all problems.

On the other hand, consciousness could survive death if we consider the possibility that the existence of “I“ is not dependent upon brain or bodily functions and that thoughts may operate on another frequency of reality. An afterlife then, would perpetuate experience and everything that comes with it. Do we tap into this hypothetical frequency of reality when we enter the Phase or is it all an illusion produced by brain chemistry and physics? Here’s an interesting story for pondering purposes:

"My stepfather Sergio was an alcoholic who developed cirrhosis. Eventually he committed suicide and I started to have a series of strange vivid dreams, one in particular where he confirmed to me that the afterlife is real. In others he seemed unhappy and appeared to carry what looked like phantom black bags attached to his torso.

Then I learned about OOBEs and I set myself the goal of making contact with him. The first contact with what seemed to be him, after having entered the Phase, seemed to show me that he was living out some fantasy in a summer landscape which looked like Portugal and the sky was deeply blue and surreal.

I had separated into what looked like my bedroom and had the urge to fly at high speed in one particular direction. I found myself in an airport hovering as a floating head. I descended into the ground and went right through it. Underground I saw people in some kind of basement and they seemed to be cooking something. Embedded in some wall, I also saw a mouse or a rat scurry past me through some passage. I wished to leave that place and found myself elsewhere. There was a room and two people asleep on a bed. I then thought that perhaps I could visit Sergio and thought about nothing but him.

I found him in the Portugal-like environment. He was driving a car really well and fast, like a kid. When he was alive he was a terrible driver. Every time he drove accidents did or almost happened. But he always wanted to drive because if he didn't he'd feel worthless as a man. My mum and him would argue over this. In my Phase experience, he drove at an incredible speed and I could feel his excitement. He swerved away from obstacles and he was in total control, it was like his own lucid dream. He also had passengers in the car which he spoke to and they seemed to admire him and his driving skills.

I saw what was happening from the outside and then I was inside the car next to his passengers. They ignored me. I was still a floating head. Then I shouted his name. He turned and looked perplexed. Then I felt this huge force pull me back before waking up. I felt as though I had been a 'ghost' in his world.

The next encounter was in a strange room and he was crying. I asked him if he was alright and he told me he regretted many things he had done when he was alive. I patted him on the back and told him that everyone makes mistakes and that no one blames him for what he did. This put a smile on his face. Then he turned to me and asked in bewilderment how was it that I could visit him. I told him about OOBEs and he seemed interested.

The next experience was a lucid dream where I was observing a great landscape from a strange room which seemed to be the top floor of a tower. The sky outside was pink. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and this took me by surprise. I did not expect to see anyone. I opened the door and a strange man, who seemed Portuguese, told me I had a visit. I looked behind him and saw Sergio. He told me he was visiting. I asked him who the other man was and he said that it didn't matter, what mattered was that he was there. The other man entered what looked like a bathroom and disappeared.

Sergio's skin was white and slightly shiny. He then told me that he would have been “42â€
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
koi

Post by koi »

Thanks allot for your informative and thought out response! This is still something I am thinking about. Then there is the similar issue about the massive storehouse that is the subconscious.... Is the subconscious "ours" as individuals or is there such a thing as a collective portion to it where we are in fact tapping into shared information that is a mixture of the knowledge and experience gained by humans as a whole...?? just throwing that out there!
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Very justified! I can't see why not. Carl Jung, who studied dreams for most of his life and entered the Phase quite a lot (what he called "active imagining"), arrived at the conclusion that there is a personal as well as a collective unconscious (the latter which we could all share).
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

One Mind and a holographic universe.

http://www.bizcharts.com/stoa_del_sol/p ... num_3.html
There are no humans here. You're it.  There is nothing seperate "out there".