Re: Have trouble remembering to practice when you wake up? Try this.

Share and discuss indirect techniques, direct techniques, becoming conscious while dreaming, non-autonomous methods
Anthony Pucci
PHASER
PHASER

Have trouble remembering to practice when you wake up? Try this.

Post by Anthony Pucci »

So in my continued difficulty in remembering to separate when I wake up, I've been trying just about everything. As of a week ago, I have found something that works quite well. I waited a while to test it a little bit, just to make sure it worked, and it seems to work pretty well.

What you do is very simple: remind yourself to practice when waking as soon as you remember to. Even after you're up and walking around and have started your day. The important thing is that you do it as soon as possible. Soon enough, you will notice the time it takes to remember to phase gets shorter and shorter, and eventually, you will do it as soon as you wake up. I saw results in about 2 days.

Note that this only works with one step at a time. I'm currently using this tactic to tell myself to practice for 60 seconds when I wake up instead of deciding I'm awake and giving up. Initial results indicate that this will work for any step of the process that you normally can't remember.

Tell me if this works for you. Good luck!
TheOnerous
PHASER
PHASER

Post by TheOnerous »

I tried this. It worked at first then stopped working. I'm not concentrating on achieving the phase very much at the moment but when I get back to it I am considering using a blind fold so I can't forget the phase.
sarakkatz

Post by sarakkatz »

For me, soon after i wake up i used to forget what i dreamed. Just a faint climax of the dream is what i remember in case i write it somewhere.
Use Legal Herbs while meditating.
dr.Katz
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Have trouble remembering to practice when you wake up? T

Post by dr.Katz »

For me the best technique for remembering to separate when I wake up is this: it the middle of the night, when I wake up and turn around to fall asleep again, I repeat in my mind : Don´t move, don´t move, don´t move...And then, when I wake up again an hour later, my first thought is Don´t move. And then I can practise the phase. ;)