Re: The Phase Workshop

Deepening, maintaining, primary skills, translocation and finding objects
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

The Phase Workshop

Post by Summerlander »

Hi!

I'm currently reading a few books and one of them is Stephen LaBerge's Exploring The World of Lucid Dreaming.  I found an exercise there whereby practitioners of the phase can create a workshop with useful tools and helpers (I prefer to call them counsellors).

Anyway, the idea is to use the phase workshop in order to problem-solve, be creative and improve as a person in general.  In fact, the workshop can be used for so many things that may or may not benefit you in waking life.  I've come up with one which may serve as an example and inspire you to create your own:

The more you visit this mind construct in the phase, the more you can improve it.  You can always add to it!  Notice how I've picked specific characters for each of the rooms.  They are who I think represent each of the rooms best in my mind.

You can also use the workshop to launch into your adventures.  It could be your metaphysical base!  Like a space station!  Have fun!  ;)
Last edited by Summerlander on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

When I was reading LaBerge's "World of Lucid Dreaming", I've found it quite interesting too. The whole concept of having your own "universe" with everything reachable is amazing. but I failed making it :D. it was too hard, to control my Phase at such a high levels.
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jeff »

This is an interesting idea. I've been doing something alittle bit similar for a pretty long time now,but with some limitations that I have trouble overcoming.

When I OBE, my point of entries are various versions of my house and my childhood's house.If I have a goal,I use a door,a ceiling or close my eyes to translocate and/or will an experience to occur.The thing is,though I can have amazing experiences,I don't always get what I intend.One of a few things may happen instead: A 'dream character' or voice may appear and outright deny my request,the whole environment-situation will symbolically thwart me or nothing will happen at all.Like there is a decision maker behind the scenes that has greater control than my ego-self.

Also,mirrors haven't worked for me yet. When I go into one everything goes dark and my dreambody gets an electric shock :o

Anyway,I like the idea but it seems like it would take alot of effort and time for me to build such a thing.And whatever chooses 'behind the scenes' may not cooperate with me anyway..LOL.
"The closer you get to the meaning;the sooner you'll know that you're dreaming" -Dio
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jeff »

The Bruce Lee room made me chuckle to myself. Years ago I practiced both "Long Fist" and "Wing Chun" Kung Fu,I was fairly accomplished-not any more though.... Occasionally in the phase I experiment with aerial long fist style kicks and such...things I can't do in physical reality any longer. If I'm in a 'Lucid Dream' phase it's much easier,in fact I can use this stuff to fight off attacking 'dream characters' and animals;but in an OBE type phase entry it feels sluggish and can make me foul. Another limitation I've experienced....
"The closer you get to the meaning;the sooner you'll know that you're dreaming" -Dio
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

What a cool idea! The nexus room sounds awesome! I am nowhere near able to create something like this just yet. Have you started yet Summerlander?
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Hi! Thank you all for your input!  :)

I posted the idea in this site too and had an interesting conversation with Jettins:
http://www.astralvoid.com/non-physical- ... -t166.html
Luna wrote: What a cool idea! The nexus room sounds awesome! I am nowhere near able to create something like this just yet. Have you started yet Summerlander?
I did try it today but I was divided between wanting to go to the workshop and exploring what was in a house before me!  After going through the door, I found its interior instead of the workshop.  I met some interesting residents but I was gutted that I didn't arrive at the workshop.

It's understandable that this business seems like a daunting task but it can be done.  The workshop can become as familiar to you as the phantom replica of your house in the phase.  It could be different each time you use it, of course.

I was thinking... I have drawn a plant of it which shows eight rooms.  But, what if I find sixteen or more when I get there?  How will I know which room to go into?  Could that confuse me?  Which is why I've decided to draw an interior in a bid to avoid surprises.  I plan to look at the interior drawing and hopefully increase my chances of finding exactly that or something quite similar.

Anyway, give it a go and see what happens.  When you separate, perhaps try to imagine that you are already at the point of arrival!

Good luck everyone!  I might try again tonight!  :D
The Bruce Lee room made me chuckle to myself. Years ago I practiced both "Long Fist" and "Wing Chun" Kung Fu,I was fairly accomplished-not any more though....
I thought Bruce Lee would best represent that room as he was a very dedicated individual.  However, I may allow him to take a vacation from my universe and have Jimi Hendrix substitute him if I want guitar lessons.  ;D
Last edited by Summerlander on Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
ElRaay
PHASER
PHASER

Post by ElRaay »

If you do have jimi hendrix practices could you post them on here? I would love to read about them. I have quite a few experinces with the experince lol but it would be intresting what would happen in someone elses phase.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Elraay, your avatar has already given me a clear image of what I might find when I step into that room. :D

I will keep you posted about my guitar tutoring in the phase! ;)
ElRaay
PHASER
PHASER

Post by ElRaay »

Thanks man,  i try to have jimi in my phases as like a guardian throught my experince. So far i think we all should have a "guardian" in the phase it makes the phase a more rewarding experince. I also learn alot from his guitar playing just in the phase experince alone. I hear some of the most amazing sounds. One day ill transpose them on my guitar :)
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Cool!  I bet the sounds are inspiring! :)
ElRaay
PHASER
PHASER

Post by ElRaay »

Well some of the sounds are so inspiring i feel like becoming a musical artist lol its just its very hard to get into the music industry and im really not that good. If it wasnt for some of these phase experinces i probably wouldnt be as creative as i am today. But the phase is a excellent tool for other musicians out there. Imagine  making a song with bob dylan lyrics and jimi hendrix mealodies. Hmm maybe i should just practice more, just like pracitcing the phase. Who knows i wonder how your expeirences will be.
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

Just a quick question...does jimi Hendrix look exactly the same every phase Elraay?!? Sorry if I'm a bit off topic. Just curious.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
ElRaay
PHASER
PHASER

Post by ElRaay »

Nnot exactly its a different experience everytime. But his fro is always there lol. Im thinking i might have to use summers idea of all these rooms which you can do things cause i try to translocate to a recording studio where jimi and the band are but somtimes they come to me without the studio. And he tends to have weird clothing and sometimes the sounds become very loud. its like the lulu show but evertime its different, hard to explain since im still practicing managing. Try it out, jimi is alot of fun.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Like the lulu show! :D

Does the mind have a sense of humour or what... ;D
phasemancer

Post by phasemancer »

This is a really cool idea that I'll definitely work on.

In the problem solving room I think I'll try to create a master mind group with different persons sitting around a table to solve the problem. I imagine it could be useful to imagine different persons in my life that I know is good at particular topics, or historical persons with particular skills, and have them all sit down together and discuss the issue, create prototypes or whatever.

Has managed to get good results with this technique yet?
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Talking to characters in the phase can definitely provide insight and I have definitely used it before but not in the phase workshop context yet.  I kind of moved away from this by focusing on my ESP-testing project in the phase.  However, I am planning to get back on this very soon. 

I really want to create a phase workshop environment that will eventually become as familiar as my phase abode.  Apart from potentially improving one's character and waking life, this exercise also stimulates our visuospatial creativity.

The master mind group sounds good, phasemancer!  Give my regards to whoever you find in the problem-solving room.  And remember... you know more than you think you know.  Find that wisdom deep within!  ;)
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

I can't recreate places in the phase, but I haven't tried it too much because I typically don't care exactly where I am.

I used to enter the phase and be in a projection of my house. Now I am almost always in a building or area completely unfamiliar to me.

I suppose focusing on entering a familiar place consistently would help make more consistency, so perhaps I should try it. But I sort of enjoy being in new places and I find that the erieness (sometimes scariness) of being in unfamiliar places helps keep me from falling into sleep.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Creating familiar settings is an extra skill that we can add to our practice and I guess it requires an improvement in confidence and expectation. Confidence in itself will ultimately lead to better control. If you choose to have a workshop, which in time can literally become as familiar and expectant as the simulated abode, it is crucial to find the challenge interesting and exciting. If your heart is not in it then I'd advise you not to pursue it...yet... - after all, it isn't a requirement of good phase state practice and you can always translocate anywhere you want without a mediator.

The idea behind this, however, promotes organisation and can convey self-integration. Why should you be alone in working things out in the phase when you could have familiar faces accompanying or advising you? Overtime, the power of expectation would lay the ground where you would always be sure to find your counsellors in their designated rooms without even employing the object-finding techniques. In other words, you wouldn't have to do so much wishing to get the fulfilment if the latter has become the norm.

Attempting to create a mediator or new familiar environments can indeed provide consistency. I have started to take serious steps in having this workshop where all types of experiences coalesce. I haven't yet got as far as I would like to but already I can see the potential. The fact that I've been able to make changes to phase environments at will or even get something which is somewhat like what I expected tells me that remoteness can be reduced even if incremental attempts is what it will take to acquire precision in reproducing what was originally in imagination. Becoming proficient in reducing remoteness in phase state computations guarantees an upgrade to the level of the expert.

Sure, just getting to the point by translocating to a desired environment is a shortcut and certainly one that every novice should be pursuing, but, if you feel that you are ready for a challenge at the next level of your practice, then by all means do it and have fun while you are doing it. See what results you get. You may also make interesting observations.

For instance, by trying this I have come face to face with manifestations of obstacles I didn't know I had. In one of my attempts I succeeded in creating about 30% of an imagined workshop, but at the same time I encountered a barrier that let me know I wasn't quite in control. This came in the manifested form of hands protruding from a wall and grabbing me. Frightening but quite symbolic if you think about it. I eventually broke free and felt better about it. If anything, the phase reveals that control is possible but it also tells us that conflict is naturally inherent in our minds. Acknowledging this is advantageous in that we have taken the first step towards the biggest challenge of all: mastering our Selves.