Re: Flying

Deepening, maintaining, primary skills, translocation and finding objects
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Flying

Post by LawPaw »

I'm still new, so I'm still learning. 

Flying is my favorite thing to do in the phase right now.  The flying dreams I've had before discovering the phase were some of the coolest experiences I could imagine.

The problem is that I have a very hard time flying for more than a few seconds without exiting into a dream (falling asleep).  It's mentioned this in the guidebook, since you are so far from the environment it's hard to maintain.  I try to rub my hands together and last time even grabbed a piece of artwork from the wall of my house and palpitated it.  I still felt myself fading, so I exited to my body so that the realness wouldn't be dulled by sleep.

In my dreams my flight is always restricted.  I can't go very high.  Actually, in my dreams I fly by somehow "pushing" off of objects, so I can go high if there is something very tall to "hold" onto.  I have a sudo-sixth sense for all objects around when in the air and can literally feel everything somehow.

I don't have this feeling at all in the phase but have no trouble going as high as I want. 

Does anyone have any tips on flying in the phase or understand what I mean by using the environment to fly and having a sense for it?  I would like to get this sense in the phase because I think it will keep me connected enough to the environment to keep me from falling asleep.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Yes, it is problem, but there is a lot of ways to prolong flying. As you mentioned, it is good to rub your hands. Sometimes I use accelerated flying: as fast as possible with a lot of maneuvers and close to objects and buildings. It causes a lot of sensations than can help to maintain a phase. Sometimes, I use the straining the brain techniques if I'm in the air.

In any cases, usually flying is the last option in my plan of action because to hard to maintain the phase.
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

About flying,i have a question!
When i have a LD and i start to fly it seems i cannot fly fast,only slow,and when i try to go faster i'm loosing energy in some kind of way! Why this could hapen?
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

It happens all the time? I bet not. Just try to control it. Many things look easy in the phase, but actually they are not.
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

Most of time when i fly i feel like it comes naturally,but i do not try to speed up everytime,but when i do try to speed up everytime i cannot fly faster!
Maybe like you say it looks preety easy to me but it is not,trying to speed up flying almost everytime gets me out of the phase,and sometimes when i feel,i'm loosing it I stop flying,just to remain in the phase!

wiii
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

All you need is just more experience
wiii wrote: sometimes when i feel,i'm loosing it I stop flying,just to remain in the phase!
Yes, it is the primary problem in flying